Cannock Chase may have been hundreds of miles away from the Western Front of the First World War but it came to play a big role in developing Allied tactics, as historians Richard Pursehouse and Lee Dent, of the Chase Project, explain...
Police are appealing for help to find a man who was reported missing this morning.
Volunteers are being urged to help out at the 2017 Staffordshire Ironman race.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service have called for people to take care disposing of smoking materials.
Staffordshire Police are urging residents to ramp up security at their homes after a spate of vehicle burglaries over the Easter weekend.
A lorry driver was pulled over after heading down the motorway in the wrong direction.
A 95-year-old woman died from a head injury following a fall at a care home, an inquest heard.
An animal welfare charity has launched an investigation after a swan was found severely injured from being shot 10 times.
An appeal has been launched after a swan was found peppered with air gun pellets in Burntwood.
A cat who got himself stuck between two walls has made a 'clean' getaway thanks to an RSPCA officer and a bottle of washing up liquid.
Bosses at pie giant Wrights are hoping their new branch has the right 'design' for success after taking over a former craft shop.
A proposal to reinvigorate Burntwood’s shopping heart has been welcomed by the town’s MP.
Signal 1 presenters Jennie Longdon and John Fox have described their first month of presenting the breakfast show as 'immense.
A report has backed plans for 12 new homes on land next door to a Burntwood school.
Athletes from as far away as Saudi Arabia and New Zealand will come to Burntwood to take part in the Staffordshire Ironman race.
A 37-year-old man has admitted burglary and the theft of two Audi cars in a village near Lichfield.
Conservative councillors in Burntwood have been criticised for failing to fully fight plans to build on Green Belt land.
Talented tennis player Robert Thomas died from a condition linked to prescription drugs.
A 21-year-old man from Lichfield has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
Staffordshire Police is one of 12 forces which have asked the Crown Prosecution Service to consider charges relating to general election expenses.
The attendance record of elected members of Lichfield District Council has been revealed.
The city’s town crier will be part of a group performing at the Lichfield and Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust’s spring show.
Police believe a body which was found this morning is that of a 54-year-old missing man.
David Stanton died from his injuries following an attack in an alleyway in 2012.
Two Staffordshire men have been charged in connection with a national human trafficking inquiry involving a nail bar.
A 35-year-old man is today starting a life sentence after murdering his housemate following a dispute.
Organisations and individuals are being urged to help Lichfield City station bloom.
Police are appealing for help to find a man who has not been seen for a week.
Sentinel readers have panned Signal 1's new breakfast show.
Listeners are set to get their first taste of the new presenters on a popular breakfast show.
More Cannock news
- Paul Nuttall: Ukip leader announces he will stand in the General Election
- Marine A: Sergeant Alexander Blackman to be released from prison on Friday
- Government loses bid to supress pollution plan that could drop 'controversial bomb' on election
- UK weather latest: Soaring temperatures over Bank Holiday weekend to melt away Arctic blast
- Whitehall incident: 'Armed man' held over suspected terror attack attempt near Parliament
- Elephant tranquiliser behind US drug death epidemic now hitting UK streets, police warn
- Whitehall sealed off by Met Police after man carrying bag of knives arrested near Parliament
- Liberal Democrats to pledge to end UK homelessness in general election manifesto
- Government says it won't publish air pollution plan as it would drop 'controversial bomb' on election
- Prison suicide rate more than doubles in four years, figures reveal
- Mosque ransacked and copies of Quran burnt in Corsica
- Air strike kills prominent Syrian rebel commander
- Earthquake shakes Afghanistan, Pakistan and India
- Ethiopian opposition urges scrutiny of industrial plan
- Soviet-era cable cars keep Georgian town going
- Burundi urged to accept African Union peacekeepers
- Qatar and Russia agree on Syria peace plans
- Afghan and Taliban forces trade blows in Sangin battle
- Two drown as hundreds swim to Spanish enclave
- Russian raids kill prominent Syrian rebel commander
- India PM Modi makes surprise Pakistan visit
- Is Modi's India flirting with fascism?
- The Middle East in 2015
- Arab League demands Turkish forces leave Iraq
- Samir Kantar's killing highlights Syria's many battles