Staffordshire news and blogs Saturday 21 July 2018
Advanced
Careimages website hosting sponsor

News
Cigarette caused Tamworth care home blaze

17 Apr 17

The fire at Standon Care Home at the weekend was caused by a discarded cigarette OUTSIDE the property, fire investigation teams have revealed.

Seven elderly people were taken to hospital after a blaze at the Ashby Road home late on Saturday night (April 15). Two are said to be in a serious condition in hospital.Staffordshire Fire duty officer John Kitchener confirmed the fire began in an exterior smoking area. He said: The smoking area is underneath…


Post to Twitter Post to Facebook


Recent stories