Staffordshire news and blogs Thursday 19 July 2018
Advanced
Careimages website hosting sponsor

News
Retired company director from Rugeley died after morning cigar…

26 Nov 16

Pensioner Roy Lawton was killed after falling asleep while smoking a cigar causing his dressing gown to catch fire.

The 85-year-old fell to sleep while smoking his morning cigar which ignited the Marks and Spencer dressing gown.Mr Lawton, a retired construction company director from Rugeley, suffered severe burns and died in hospital, an inquest heard.The inquest heard Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service had tested three similar dressing gowns …


Post to Twitter Post to Facebook