Frank Bruno might be the former heavyweight champion of the world but he still tucks into a portion of fish and chips on a Friday night.
A driver is facing jail after admitting causing the death of a grandmother and seriously injuring her daughter.
A notorious Burntwood flooding hotspot could be fixed – but not until next month.
A controversial car park for rail commuters will be built in a village – despite fierce opposition from campaigners.
A formal merger between South Staffordshire and Walsall colleges has been ruled out by their principals and governors.
Traders and residents spoke of their shock as armed raiders struck at a Co-op shop in a South Staffordshire village.
The city’s town crier will be part of a group performing at the Lichfield and Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust’s spring show.
Alcohol is believed by many Christians to be a gift from God – so it was fitting that a priest should bless a pub following its six-figure revamp.
"When I got out of that place I swore I’d never go back.
by June Thoburn, Brid Featherstone and Kate Morris Much attention has been paid to the climbdowns the government was forced into on key clauses in the Children and Social Work Bill last week, with critics labelling the handling of the bill a shambles.
Drivers in Staffordshire were facing a wet drive home today after an A road flooded near the M6.
Controversial plans for DX Freight’s £36 million super hub have been refused for the second time.
South Staffordshire councillors face one of their most controversial issues in recent years tonight when they decide on DX Freight’s plans for a £36 million super-hub.
Inspectors report violent attacks against staff have risen at HMP Featherstone, with drug use rife.
Featherstone prison is rife with drugs and violence with prisoners locking themselves up for months on end to escape it all, it can today be revealed.
It has been earmarked for a major industrial development which would create more than 2,000 jobs – and possibly bring about a controversial new link road.
Eight anglers caught illegally fishing in Staffordshire pools have been hit with fines totalling 5,680.
A school which put pupils at risk by asking them to leave at lunchtime has been graded ‘inadequate’ by inspectors.
Controversial plans for a £36 million DX Freight distribution centre on green belt land in Essington are poised for approval despite fierce opposition.
Troubled prisons will take on an extra 50 recruits as part of a drive to cut down on ‘unacceptable’ violence.
It’s not everyday that a humble village church has a full 32-piece symphony orchestra.
The National Trust has objected to controversial plans for a link road in South Staffordshire.
Staffordshire University says it is “committed to the provision of Higher Education” in Lichfield.
A road has been blocked by flytippers in Kinver.
Shocking footage showing two prisoners in a ‘fight club’ style boxing match at a prison has emerged online sparked concern from community leaders today.
A woman has been freed from her car vehicle following an accident near a hospital this afternoon.
This shocking footage shows the moment prisoners brawled behind bars at HMP Featherstone.
One person has been taken to hospital and around ten people were evacuated following a fire at a block of flats.
Firefighters are dealing with a flat fire tonight.
More than 1,000 homes and 20 new permanent gipsy and traveller pitches are on the way to South Staffordshire.
More South Staffordshire news
- Pamela Anderson storms off talk show set over old picture, claims Keith Lemon
- Terror strategy shouldn't just focus on Muslims, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Philip Hammond's company got business rates cut in budget, figures show
- Nigel Farage forced to admit Westminster attack had nothing to do with immigration
- Labour will vote against Brexit deal if EU terms not matched, Jeremy Corbyn reveals
- Government must have power to spy on Whatsapp users' messages, Home Secretary Amber Rudd demands
- Car ploughs into pedestrians outside London pub
- Khalid Masood: Westminster terror attacker 'acted alone and we may never know his motive'
- Boris Johnson calls Google 'disgusting' for profiting from extremist content
- Muslim leaders hold peace rally in wake of Westminster terror attack
- Mosque ransacked and copies of Quran burnt in Corsica
- Air strike kills prominent Syrian rebel commander
- Earthquake shakes Afghanistan, Pakistan and India
- Ethiopian opposition urges scrutiny of industrial plan
- Soviet-era cable cars keep Georgian town going
- Burundi urged to accept African Union peacekeepers
- Qatar and Russia agree on Syria peace plans
- Afghan and Taliban forces trade blows in Sangin battle
- Two drown as hundreds swim to Spanish enclave
- Russian raids kill prominent Syrian rebel commander
- India PM Modi makes surprise Pakistan visit
- Is Modi's India flirting with fascism?
- The Middle East in 2015
- Arab League demands Turkish forces leave Iraq
- Samir Kantar's killing highlights Syria's many battles