An investigation has been launched into what sparked a huge woodland blaze.
A prisoner found hanging in his cell at HMP Featherstone told a nurse he had been in a fight with a cellmate at another jail less than a month earlier, an inquest heard.
Three people including a 12-year-old boy have been arrested following a string of vehicle break-ins around Kinver Edge.
A notorious junction will undergo £150,000 worth of improvements to combat jams, it has been revealed.
Prolific offender Steven Barker terrified two women drivers as he tried to steal their cars.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service have called for people to take care disposing of smoking materials.
A lorry driver was pulled over after heading down the motorway in the wrong direction.
Big brother-style cameras could go up around a crime-plagued village battling against a surge in burglaries and fly-tipping.
A woman had to be airlifted and helped by a 4x4 driver after suffering a nasty ankle injury while on a family walk.
Lloyds Bank is shutting branches in Stafford, Brewood and Birmingham as part of a wave of 100 closures nationwide that will result in more than 200 job losses.
Police have warned residents of a village on the outskirts of Wolverhampton to be ‘on their guard’ following two burglaries in two days.
Stalker Terence Ball bombarded his ex-partner with phone calls, threatened her and followed her in his car following their split.
Almost 50,000 has been raised towards the cost of funding revolutionary treatment in America for a baby struck down with cancer.
Aggressive Samuel Hussey kicked his dad in the face - after they rowed about the television being on too loud.
Global hospitality giant Hilton has unveiled plans for a 140-bedroom hotel in Stoke-on-Trent city centre.
Global hospitality giant Hilton has unveiled plans for a hotel in Stoke-on-Trent city centre.
An organised Crewe-based crime gang involved in the supply of cocaine has been jailed for almost 65 years.
An appeal to raise money for a new tunnel under the cross city railway line has raised more than £200,000 in just two months.
Frank Bruno might be the former heavyweight champion of the world but he still tucks into a portion of fish and chips on a Friday night.
A driver is facing jail after admitting causing the death of a grandmother and seriously injuring her daughter.
A notorious Burntwood flooding hotspot could be fixed – but not until next month.
A controversial car park for rail commuters will be built in a village – despite fierce opposition from campaigners.
A formal merger between South Staffordshire and Walsall colleges has been ruled out by their principals and governors.
Traders and residents spoke of their shock as armed raiders struck at a Co-op shop in a South Staffordshire village.
The city’s town crier will be part of a group performing at the Lichfield and Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust’s spring show.
Alcohol is believed by many Christians to be a gift from God – so it was fitting that a priest should bless a pub following its six-figure revamp.
"When I got out of that place I swore I’d never go back.
by June Thoburn, Brid Featherstone and Kate Morris Much attention has been paid to the climbdowns the government was forced into on key clauses in the Children and Social Work Bill last week, with critics labelling the handling of the bill a shambles.
Drivers in Staffordshire were facing a wet drive home today after an A road flooded near the M6.
Controversial plans for DX Freight’s £36 million super hub have been refused for the second time.
More South Staffordshire news
- Paul Nuttall: Ukip leader announces he will stand in the General Election
- Marine A: Sergeant Alexander Blackman to be released from prison on Friday
- Government loses bid to supress pollution plan that could drop 'controversial bomb' on election
- UK weather latest: Soaring temperatures over Bank Holiday weekend to melt away Arctic blast
- Whitehall incident: 'Armed man' held over suspected terror attack attempt near Parliament
- Elephant tranquiliser behind US drug death epidemic now hitting UK streets, police warn
- Whitehall sealed off by Met Police after man carrying bag of knives arrested near Parliament
- Liberal Democrats to pledge to end UK homelessness in general election manifesto
- Government says it won't publish air pollution plan as it would drop 'controversial bomb' on election
- Prison suicide rate more than doubles in four years, figures reveal
- Mosque ransacked and copies of Quran burnt in Corsica
- Air strike kills prominent Syrian rebel commander
- Earthquake shakes Afghanistan, Pakistan and India
- Ethiopian opposition urges scrutiny of industrial plan
- Soviet-era cable cars keep Georgian town going
- Burundi urged to accept African Union peacekeepers
- Qatar and Russia agree on Syria peace plans
- Afghan and Taliban forces trade blows in Sangin battle
- Two drown as hundreds swim to Spanish enclave
- Russian raids kill prominent Syrian rebel commander
- India PM Modi makes surprise Pakistan visit
- Is Modi's India flirting with fascism?
- The Middle East in 2015
- Arab League demands Turkish forces leave Iraq
- Samir Kantar's killing highlights Syria's many battles